Grádos has been hunting the surface dwellers ever since he and his kind were beaten back in an attempt to feed on the surface a decade ago. His skin is less pale and more red than that of the usual corpse eater, and his eyes are always narrowed in a nasty squint. Over the years, he has learned to hunt and kill surface dwellers for money, often swallowing his pride and making a deal with another surface dweller to let him feed on the corpse. Grádos eagerly awaits the day those surface dwellers will rue beating back the corpse eaters and will be food, but has never made an effort at all to do this; in fact, he only makes job-related efforts. His hands are quite clammy, making it almost impossible for him to grab someone surreptitiously.
|ST: 13||HP: 11||Speed: 7.00|
|DX: 15||Will: 11||Move: 5|
|IQ: 11||Per: 12||SM: 0|
|HT: 14||FP: 14||DR: 2|
|Dodge: 10||Parry: 12||Block: 11|
Pistol Crossbow (18): 1d+3 impaling. Range 195/260; Acc 1. May be poisoned, especially on a first shot; see below.
Shortsword (16): 2d+1 cutting or 1d+1 impaling. Reach 1.
Dagger (18 melee, 15 thrown): 1d impaling. Reach C or Range 7/15; Acc 0.
Bite (15): 1d cutting. Reach C.
Traits: Appearance (Ugly); Bloodlust (12); Brotherhood of Ghouls; Callous; Combat Reflexes; Immunity to Disease; Intolerance (Surface dwellers); Laziness; Night Vision 5; Reduced Consumption 1 (Cast-Iron Stomach); Restricted Diet (Flesh of other sapient beings, fresh or not-so-fresh); Sharp Teeth; Silence 1; Social Stigma (Monster).
Skills: Brawling-15; Cloak-15; Crossbow-18; Fast-Draw (Knife)-16; Garrote-17; Knife-18; Observation-11; Poisons-12; Shadowing-12; Shortsword-16; Stealth-18 (19 vs. Hearing when moving, 20 when still); Thrown Weapon (Knife)-15; Traps-12; Wrestling-16.
Combat Effectiveness Rating: 42 (OR 27 and PR 15).
Notes: Notable gear includes:
• Anti-Toxin (oozing doom), $20, 0.5 lbs.
• Camouflage Heavy Cloak (DB 2), +1 to Stealth in underground and urban environments (already included in the stats above), $150, 5 lbs.
• Dagger, $20, 0.25 lbs.
• Garrote, $2, 0 lbs.
• Leather Armor (covering all locations except the face), $340, 19.5 lbs.
• Monster Drool (roll vs. HT or take 2 points of injury), $40, 1 lb.
• Nageteppo, Flash (Everyone within 10 yards of target hex rolls vs. HT or suffers Blindness), $40, 0.2 lb.
• Nageteppo, Smoke (Fills two-yard radius with smoke), $40, 0.2 lb.
• Oozing Doom (Contact agent soaks through armor in DR seconds; 2d injury (1d on successful HT roll)), $100, 1 lb.
• Pistol Crossbow, $150, 4 lbs.
• Shortsword, $400, 2 lbs.
He will follow his quarry as long as he can, taking note of their skills. When he is ready to draw near, he will throw a flash nageteppo as near to any spellcasters as he can, then try to pick them off first. His first shot will have monster drool on the head of the bolt, and he will shoot for whoever holds the light on this shot. After he puts the group in darkness, he will try to take out the healers, if he has identified them beforehand (use Observation). If anyone obviously bigger and stronger than he comes near, he will try to run and pick off whom he can one by one.