A small, unimpressive man in a crewcut, coke-bottle glasses and a button-down shirt. He looks like he might be an accountant, or perhaps an engineer. Actually, he works for The Agency, a super-secret spy organization.
Fenton Blake, (Code Name: Flywheel), is The Agency's chief armorer and gadgeteer; he builds the specialized weapons and spy devices that field agents depend upon. He is competent enough in the field himself, but spends most of his time in the lab building new gadgets, at the shooting range testing new weapons, or in his radio shack listening to Miles Davis and fiddling with his home-built heptaphonic hi-fi system.
Fenton Blake (Agent Flywheel) - 350 points
ST 0 [-20]; DX 12 ; IQ 14 ; HT 11 ;
Damage 1d-3/1d-2; BL lbs.; HP 8 ; Will 13 [-5]; Per 14 ; FP 11 .
Basic Speed 5.50 ; Basic Move 5 ; Dodge 8.
TL: 7 .
CF: United States c. 1960s .
Languages: English: native , German: native ; Russian: native 
Appearance: Pitiable (+3 react.) ; Gadgeteer ; Gizmos: 3 ; Gunslinger ; Legal Enforcement Powers, Medium ; Legal Immunity ; Less Sleep 2 ; Lightning Calculator ; Patron: the Agency ; Security Clearance, Medium ; Talent: Artificer 2 ; Single-Minded 
Bad Sight: Nearsighted (mitigator: Glasses) [-10]; Curious [-5]; Duty: to the Agency [-15]; Oblivious [-5]; Secret: (Works for Spy Agency) [-5]; Sense of Duty: Companions [-5]
Quirks: Attentive; Addiction, Caffine; Doesn't Smoke; Cool Jazz Fan, Mild Stammer… [-5].
Armoury: Small Arms (A) IQ+1 -17; Computer Operation/TL7 (E) IQ -14; Computer Programming/TL7 (H) IQ-1 -13; Driving: Automobile/TL7 (A) DX -12; Electrician/TL7 (A) IQ+1 -17; Electrical Ops: Communication/TL7 (A) IQ+1 -15; Electrical Ops: Electronic Warfare/TL7 (A) IQ+1 -15; Electrical Ops: Scientific/TL7 (A) IQ+1 -15; Electrical Ops: Security/TL7 (A) IQ+1 -15; Electrical Ops: Survelience/TL7 (A) IQ+1 -15; Engineer: Clockwork/TL7 (H) IQ -16; Engineer: Electronics/TL7 (H) IQ -16; Engineer: Small Arms/TL7 (H) IQ -16; Engineer: Automobile/TL7 (H) IQ -16; Explosives: Disposal (A) IQ -14; Explosives: Fireworks (A) IQ -14; First Aid (E) IQ -14; Forensics (H) IQ -14; Games: Chess (E) IQ+3; Guns: Pistol (E) DX+2 -14; Guns: Rifle (E) DX+2 -14; Guns: Sub-Machine Gun (E) DX+2 -14; Hobby: Audiophile/TL7 (E) IQ+2 -16; Intelligence Analysis (H) IQ -14; Judo (H) DX+1 -13; Karate (H) DX+1 -13; Law: International (H) IQ-1 ; Lockpicking (A) IQ -14; Machinist/TL7 (A) IQ+1 -17; Mathematics (A) IQ+1 -15; Observation (A) Per -14; Photography (A) IQ -14; Research/TL7 (A) IQ -14; Shadowing (A) IQ -14; Stealth (A) DX -12; Swimming (E) HT -12; Traps (A) IQ+1 -15
- Amoury, Electrician, Engineer and Machinist skills reflect the +2 from the Artificer Talent
- Artificer skill are all at TL7, but perhaps TL7+1 might be more appropriate to reflect superscience spy gadgets.
Techniques: <Technique Name> (<Base Skill>) (<Difficulty>) [<Cost>]-<level>; <Technique Name> (<Base Skill>) (<Difficulty>) [<Cost>]-<level>; …
- Fenton was designed for a 1960s-era Espionage campaign, but can be easily retooled to campaigns set in other eras.
- He is designed as a support NPC, but could easily work as a PC as well.
- You can play up his comedic aspects by reducing his DX and his combat skills. Then again, having a nerdy little guy be unexpectedly competent in judo/marksmanship can work too.
- As long as the NPC doesn't upstage the players
- Yes, he is a skills monsters. Prune or augment his skills to taste.
- When the party needs equipment, have them go to Q-Branch and talk to Flywheel.
- One of the Agency's top technicians has disappeared while vacationing at the Newport Jazz Festival. Has he been abducted by enemy agents? The party is assigned to find him.
- An Evil Spy Organization has acquired an atomic bomb, and the team is assigned to find and neutralize it. They also have to protect the techie they've been saddled with, whose job it is to defuse the bomb.